Saturday, July 8

Goldblum-Richie hookup?

In one of the weirdest celebrity couplings yet, Jeff Goldblum and Nicole Richie are (allegedly) an item. Here's how the oddball pair stack up:

GOLDBLUM
AGE: 53
HEIGHT: 6 feet, 4 inches
WEIGHT: Typical, but probably putting on a few pounds these days.
BIG BREAK: Appearing as "Freak No. 1" in "Death Wish."
CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE: "Tenspeed and Brownshoe," "The Adventures of Buckaraoo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension," "Into the Night," "The Fly." It's pretty much downhill from there despite commercial success in junk like "Independence Day."
PREVIOUS LOVES: Geena Davis, Laura Dern.
KEY QUOTE: "I'm watching and thinking, 'Good, Jeff. That's nice, Jeff. Yes, Jeff, go for it. Oh, yes, Jeff.' " (on seeing himself on the big screen)

RICHIE
AGE: 24
HEIGHT: 5 feet, 1 inch
WEIGHT: Unknown, but Twiggy-like.
BIG BREAK: Being adopted by Lionel Richie.
CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE: "The Simple Life." Frequent target of paparazzi, who make money selling her skeletal image to US Weekly and similar publications. Outlook for sustained fame seems dim.
PREVIOUS LOVES: DJ AM, whoever he is.
KEY QUOTE: "I went to the University of Arizona. I stopped because I went there for two years and I felt like I experienced college or whatever. I'm over it. I like Hollywood better."

No comments: