Tuesday, May 18

Morrissey loves L.A.!



Former Smiths frontman Morrissey is back, pimping his new release, "You Are the Quarry." The disc, the first in seven years from the Manchester mope rocker, drops this week.

Moz has exchanged dreary northern England for sunny SoCal, having lived in L.A. for the past eight years. Here's what he told Entertainment Weekly about his feelings toward his adopted city: "Well, it was never part of the general life plan. I just found myself staying. I had thought of Paris and even Florence, but I had never really thought of L.A. So it's very, very peculiar for me to still be here. The instinct is always to moan and complain and poke fun as everybody does, but obviously there are pleasantries. Certainly, the trees are beautiful."

We look forward to Moz's upcoming cover of Randy Newman and his possible appearance with Snoop at the next Lakers home game...

No comments: