Thursday, July 1

Jon Stweart on Larry King

Transcript

King: OK. Here we go, the vice president cursed out the Senator Leahy of Vermont, what do you make of that?

STEWART: I think it's probably the nicest, perhaps conversation that a Republican and a Democrat have had in Capitol Hill for quite some time.

KING: He told him to go blank himself.

STEWART: Yes.

KING: That's encouraging to you?

STEWART: I think so. The encouraging thing to me is knowing the Republican platform against gay acts to tell him to go f-himself, I thought, was a real advance.

KING: Oh, I see. It's progress.

STEWART: I think it's them opening up their hearts to a different lifestyle. It's Cheney. He said it. It's all about tone. What he said was, go F yourself, I'd like to see that.

KING: Oh, I see! So, you always have a way of looking at things that helps us.

STEWART: Have you had Cheney on, is he...

KING: He's been on the show.

STEWART: Is he a pleasant man, because he seems like, and again I've never met him.

KING: I've known him a long time, he's not unpleasant. He's been very good to our cardiac foundation.

STEWART: Right.

KING: He was an honorary chairman.

STEWART: You know, self-interest is a great motivator. If I was him I'd be a member of your cardiac foundation, too, you know what I mean. In fact, I'd be hanging out there every day going, you guys got anything? Anything today?

KING: OK, now let's switch things...

STEWART: When I see him, and this is again (UNINTELLIGIBLE) he seems like a murderous cyborg.

KING: A what?

STEWART: Like the robot, but with murderous intentions.

KING: I see.

No comments: