Friday, April 28

Pod people

I've fully drunk the Mac Kool-Aid. I have had an iPod shuffle for about a year, but because I didn't have a decent computer for ripping CDs, I didn't get much use out of it. Since getting the Mac, I've been on a ripping tear, and am looking forward to using the shuffle when I start biking again in May.

Two weeks ago, I took advantage of my wife's educational discount and got one of the schmancy iPod Video players. It's been amazing. Set on 'Shuffle' it is like having the most insane but tasteful DJ following me around. Just now there was a great sequence of Pretenders -> 30s jazz -> Public Enemy -> Webern -> Bluegrass -> Cuban salsa -> Liz Phair (which I had to fast-forward, as I am at work, listening on this, which I purchased in black to match my iPod, and my heart).

One feature I wish they'd add to the shuffle mode: On Tuesdays, it should always play two in a row by the same artist. That would rock.

No comments: