Monday, August 2

Quien es Mas Macho: Reagan o Bush?

Didn't have time to read the whole thing, so I jumped to the conclusion and noticed a few quotable nuggets (Hey, I'm leaving in two days to get married, I can't summarize the entire internay for you people!): Ron Reagan's Case Against Bush, from next month's Esquire: "My father, acting roles excepted, never pretended to be anyone but himself. His Republican party, furthermore, seems a far cry from the current model, with its cringing obeisance to the religious Right and its kill-anything-that-moves attack instincts.... I write and speak as nothing more or less than an American citizen, one who is plenty angry about the direction our country is being dragged by the current administration.... Beyond issues of fiscal irresponsibility and ill-advised militarism, there is a question of trust. George W. Bush and his allies don't trust you and me. Why on earth, then, should we trust them? "

(Though, in point of fact, Reagan did have a habit of confusing his movie roles with his actual personal history.)

No comments: